Logo
Cover photo for First WISTA Leadership Winner with seafaring background!

First WISTA Leadership Winner with seafaring background!

Global Female Candidate Pool Ambassador Ingelin Grimsæth has been awarded the prestigious WISTA Norway Leadership Award 2024. The award was presented during Arendal Week on Monday 12 August 2024, in recognition of her efforts for the maritime industry and her inspiring leadership.

President of WISTA Norway, Stine Mundal praised Ingelin´s achievements; - Ingelin Grimsæth is a true role model in our industry. She puts important issues on the agenda and promotes issues that make our industry more inclusive and attractive to people at different stages of life. Her leadership and focus is driving positive change and developing new standards for inclusion and related initiatives, and we are proud to honor her with this award."

In recognition of her fearless leadership, Ingelin was also presented with a photo of the iconic “Fearless Girl” statue in New York. This statue symbolizes courage and the will to stand up for what is right, qualities that Ingelin shows through his work.

Ingelin Grimsæth has been a driving force behind the modernization of parental leave rights for both female and male seafarers in Norway. Her efforts have led to fairer and more inclusive guidelines, which make it easier for more seafarers to balance work and private life. This type of initiative is crucial to promoting equality and improving working conditions in the maritime sector.

In addition to her work on parental leave rights, Ingelin is a passionate ambassador for LGBT+ inclusion in the maritime industry. She has been actively involved in promoting a more inclusive and supportive environment for LGBT+ individuals, helping to promote a culture of diversity and acceptance.

She has also led the initiative to get the Norwegian Maritime Officers' Association to sign WISTA Norway's "40 by 30" pledge. Grimsæth is described as an impatient driving force for equality in a very male-dominated industry. She is known for getting things done and is not afraid to address difficult topics.

Ingelin Grimsæth expressed his gratitude: - "I am incredibly grateful to receive this award from WISTA Norway. It means a lot to me, and the recognition it gives for the work and commitment both I and my organizations have made to this topic. I look forward to continuing the work to create positive change and raise awareness in the industry."

Ingelin's fearless leadership has inspired many in the maritime industry. She often tells stories about how she meets challenges head on, and encourages others to be brave in everyday life. Her fearless attitude has not only led to her own success, but has also opened doors for others.

Towards February 2025, we are actively seeking nominations for the next Leadership Award shortlisting process. Contact the nomination committee Birgit M. Liodden or comment below to let us know who you think deserves a nomination for their efforts!

Wista Leadership Award

Relevant candidates for the award are presented by the Nominating Committee and WISTA Norway board members vote on a winner at the Annual General Meeting.

Nomination criteria:
Both men and women are qualified for the award, however to be nominated the individual would need to fill one or more of the below requirements:

• Possess the WISTA values of being professional, dynamic, open-minded and dedicated

• Work to enhance competence within the maritime industry

• Bring forth new and valuable solutions to the maritime industry

• Development of new products and business models

0 reactions
Comment
  1. Loading...